Mr Rebates

Mr. Rebates

Monday, September 27, 2010

Some people's kids...

I heard my father make this comment all through my teenage years.  My father was good a blaming parents for the issues with their children.  He obviously didn't see what was going on in front of him.  My parents weren't perfect and despite the way my father did things, we knew he did it because he loved us and wanted the best for us.  Some of us have stop blaming our parents for the way we are.  I believe that you need to change the behavior and break that cycle.  I still find myself talking to my son the way my father did and i'm not proud of it.  But I hope someday my son realizes what i did, that I did it to make him a stronger person and because I love him.  I wouldn't be the person I am if it wasn't for my parents.  I'm strong, independent, and not afraid to take the world on if I need to.  I may not have a college education (yet), or make tons of money, but I have common sense to survive in this world.  If society would fail, who would be the ones to survive?

My kids come first in my life and always have.  My parents did the same for us and so on.  What is a total foreigner concept to me is mothers and father who don't put their children first.  I have always had a maternal instinct.  I've know it since I was a teenager.  I always wanted kids, but I was very selfish when I was a teen and had hoped to do the things I wanted before I had kids.  So plans don't always go the way you hope.  But you make the best of it.  I had to grow up fast and learn to survive to care for my child.  I made tons of sacrifices for him and lost out on a lot.  But I wouldn't change that, it's made me who I am.  To pass your child off and make it someone else responsibility and then question why you are belittled by others, is just beyond my comprehention.  Apparently I need a college education to understand why people do these things, cause I really don't get it.  Some people's kids, is a statement I find myself making more and more these days.  Your children are a product of you and how you handle things.  Your child may be the smartest, but if they can not function in the real world, then you obviously did not do your job.  Life is not just about getting your child to college and making them sucessful.  It's about making them sucessful in life.  All aspects of life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment